VMTurbo Announces Availability of Free Performance and Efficiency Reporter
Reporting joins Monitoring application as a complimentary, useful productivity tool that provides valuable insight into virtual environments
Valhalla, NY, May 4, 2011 — VMTurbo, provider of software to analyze, optimize and control the virtualized data center, today announced free, immediate availability of VMTurbo Performance and Efficiency Reporter. Available for download at the VMTurbo site, VMTurbo Performance and Efficiency Reporter joins VMTurbo Monitoring as a complimentary, useful productivity tool that provides valuable insight into the virtual environment.
With its breakthrough real time workload management algorithm, VMTurbo assures the performance of the applications running in the virtualized environment while utilizing the underline infrastructure as efficiently as possible. VMTurbo “ties the viewing with the doing” by proactively providing corrective actions for any potential performance bottleneck as well as workload placement and configuration actions to maximize resources utilization. Furthermore, leveraging the same algorithm for planning, VMTurbo maximizes the ROI from the virtualized environment in real time and all the time.
“The real value of VMTurbo is its ability to automate and optimize the virtual environment in real time, so it makes sense to give away both our monitoring dashboard and performance reports, which are really just table setters for IT management,” said Shmuel Kliger, president and CEO, VMTurbo. “Now any organization can experience the benefits of VMTurbo in their own data center without having to spend a single dollar.”
The VMTurbo Performance and Efficiency Reporter package is a collection of reports that fall into two categories.
- Host/VM Utilization Heat Map contains an ordered ranking of utilization (UI) for both physical hosts as well as virtual machines. Raw data for each host and each VM also is provided. Useful metrics include the peak utilization. This data enables both an “at-a-glance” indicator of workload as well as useful information for provisioning.
- Host Top CPU Ready Queue provides a detailed breakdown of the metric surrounding CPU ready states. By showing both the host total wait times (aggregated over a sample period) and the total times waited by virtual machines for each multiple of vCPUs, the report provides insights into how either a re-allocation of vCPUs or the re-location of a VM would impact this raw performance metric.
- Storage Access IOPS delivers a raw ranked standing of data stores in the environment. By aggregating and displaying the raw average sustained IOPs to and from these datastores, users can evaluate the suitability of the datastore against the applied workload and potentially make a better allocation. Further, by looking at the total storage used (vs. capacity), users are better able to plan for anticipated growth.
- VM Over/Under Provisioning looks at the resources consumed (taking into account historical peaks) to make meaningful recommendations as to right-provisioning. This potentially frees up additional resources that could be re-allocated to improve performance or accommodate additional VMs.
- Storage Wasted Allocations provides immediate visibility into data stored on the managed drives that is not associated with any VM. With this ranked data, users can quickly free up potentially vast amounts of unused storage at a considerable cost saving.
- Storage Allocated to Dormant VMs both identifies dormant VMs and enables the reclamation of their disc space. This can yield significant cost savings through resource reclamation and the ability to subsequently host additional VMs on the same hardware.
- VM Rightsizing Recommendation is based on configurable thresholds as well as analyses of specific time ranges for each VM to make intelligent configuration recommendations based on the actual resource demands of the VM. This ability to intelligently right size represents a significant efficiency improvement over other more wasteful allocation strategies.
Pricing and Availability
VMTurbo Performance and Efficiency Reporter is currently available for free download at http://www.vmturbo.com/downloads/performance-reporter/
Find out more about the VMTurbo Performance and Efficiency Reporter at: http://www.vmturbo.com/products/performance-and-efficiency-reporter/
VMTurbo provides an integrated software suite for proactive and automated management of workload and resources in virtualized data centers. Only VMTurbo provides a holistic view of your virtual infrastructure as well as detailed action plans with respect to workload placement and resource allocation. Our customers accomplish ever more, with less IT resources, by using our suite to analyze, optimize and control their virtual infrastructure.