VMware VI network communications and port usage diagram
November 6th, 2008 by jason
Leave a reply »
Nigel Metheringham has taken the information I posted here and updated it with information from page 179 of the VMware ESX Server 3 Configuration Guide.
The result is a current diagram of VMware Virtual Infrastructure network communications and port usage which applies to both ESX and ESXi. Nigel sent me the updated document via email so that I can update the information on the VMware Communities, however, they are currently unavailable due to planned maintenance so in the mean time I’m making the document available here. Thank you Nigel!
Download from the link below:
- December 12, 2008 -- New VMware VI network port diagram request for comments
- February 25, 2012 -- Jobs
- June 11, 2011 -- IBM x3850 NICs Lose Network Connectivity With ESXi 4.0 Update 1
- May 15, 2011 -- Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP) Tag Team
- February 28, 2011 -- Tiny Core Linux and Operational Readiness
- November 29, 2010 -- Flow Control
- June 11, 2010 -- NFS and Name Resolution
- January 11, 2010 -- VMware VI3 Implementation and Administration
- October 9, 2009 -- Virtualizing vCenter With vDS Catch-22
- April 21, 2009 -- vSphere licensing notables