VLC media player – free
March 25th, 2009 by jason
Leave a reply »
I came across some video training to preview for which I did not have an application that will play them back. Stu over at Vinternals suggested VLC media player which is a free piece of software that plays most audio and video formats.
Stu was right as rain. I did not recognize the file extension of the video files, and the file extension was not a registered type that VLC would natively support, however, VLC had no problem detecting the video format and then opening and playing back the file.
VLC provides the following charts showing their support for the various formats and platforms:
- November 25, 2013 -- Storage Center 5.6 Released
- September 13, 2013 -- vSphere 5.5 UNMAP Deep Dive
- August 22, 2013 -- Veeam Launches Backup & Replication v7
- July 2, 2013 -- Software Defined Single Sign On Database Creation
- July 1, 2013 -- The .vmfsBalloon File
- March 14, 2013 -- Baremetalcloud Special Promo Through MikeLaverick.com
- March 7, 2013 -- vCLIDROID Available for Android
- February 28, 2013 -- VAAI and the Unlimited VMs per Datastore Urban Myth
- August 12, 2012 -- StarWind and Cirrus Tech Partner to Deliver Cutting Edge Technologies to the Cloud Computing Market
- June 28, 2012 -- Storage: Starting Thin and Staying Thin with VAAI UNMAP