Welcome! vCalendar is little something I have been working on in my spare time during the spring and summer months of 2009. I’ve had “Far Side” and “Dilbert” Page-A-Day calendars on my desktop at work for the past 15 years and towards the end of 2008 I thought a virtualization calendar would be nice to have, however, I could find none in existence. So I decided to make my own – and make it available to the virtualization community. vCalendar is a collection of VMware virtualization facts, tips, best practices, configuration maximums, and historical events delivered to your desktop daily. vCalendar was authored by virtualization virtuoso and Senior Systems Engineer Jason Boche.
“This year’s must-have item at VMworld”
-John Troyer, VMware
“Anyone who is in to virtualization HAS to get one of these calendars! They are limited, so they are the ‘must have’ item from VMworld this year! I’ll be going to the Veeam booth to get one for sure!”
-Susan Gudenkauf, VMware, VCP#1
I would like to thank all of the contributors in the virtualization community who share their knowledge to assist others. I’d like to thank VMware & their Partners for their products which keep me entertained & employed. I would like to thank my Technical Editors Duncan Epping, Eric Siebert, & Tom Howarth. I would like to thank my family Amy, Allison, Joshua, Snickers, & Duncan for their patience.
The vCalendar is being made available a few ways:
- vCalendar is available for purchase online at The Printed Owl. Select your starting month and year – vCalendars are custom printed to your specification and shipped to your doorstep. Sorry, international shipping is not yet available but I’m working on options.
- vCalendar has already arrived in San Francisco and will be available in limited quantities at the VMworld 2009 store.
- A special limited edition vCalendar will be available from the Veeam booth at VMworld 2009.
- Options are being discussed to run a batch of vCalendars to the upcoming Dutch VMUG.
- A vCalendar widget will be voluntarily carried on select virtualization web sites with rotating daily tips. If you are a blogger or if you have a virtualization related web site and you’d like to carry the widget on your blog, contact me.
- PowerCLI God, Alan Renouf, has mastered a way to bring vCalendar tips into vCenter as a MOTD. This is really cool! Check out vTip – A VMware Expert updating your VI