Hitachi Data Systems Geek Day 2.0 starts tomorrow. HDS has invited storage and virtualization experts from many points on the globe to come and be immersed in the latest storage solutions HDS has to offer. The event kicks off at 8am, going into the evening, and wraps up Thursday afternoon.
Asked what in particular I would like HDS to cover, my response stemmed from the VMware Virtual Infrastructure/vCloud angle. Interests such as unified storage, VAAI support, plugin integration, scalability, storage virtualization update (USPV?), replication, and SRM integration.
HDS responded by putting together a two-day event which includes a VAAI demo session, and a presentation on the next wave of server and storage virtualization. In addition to that, we’ll cover the converged datacenter, we’ll receive a Hitachi Clinical Repository overview and demo, Hitachi Command Suite 7.0 hands on, unified compute, and storage economics.
You can follow what the list of delegates have to say on Twitter by watching the hash tag #HDSDay. We’re all bloggers so expect to see content from those respective sources as well. From Pete Gerr’s blog:
The current list of distinguished bloggers making their way to Sefton Park, UK for the event includes:
- Chris M Evans – @chrismevans – www.thestoragearchitect.com
- Devang Panchigar – @storagenerve – http://storagenerve.com/
- Greg Knieriemen – @knieriemen – http://infosmackpodcasts.com/
- Nigel Poulton – @nigelpoulton – http://blog.nigelpoulton.com/
- Jason Boche – @jasonboche – www.boche.net/blog/
- Fabio Rapposelli - @fabiorapposelli – www.juku.it/en/
- Enrico Signoretti – @esignoretti - www.cinetica.it/blog/
- Ilja Coolen – @icoolen – http://www.iljacoolen.nl/
- Stephen Foskett – @sfoskett – www.blog.fosketts.net/
Enterprise Storage is the key enabler for many VMware technologies and Tier 1 virtualized workloads. I’m looking forward to what Hitachi has to showcase over the next couple of days in addition to seeing some faces I haven’t seen in a while and meeting new contacts in the storage industry.