How to install Windows 7 on VMware Fusion
January 25th, 2009 by jason
Leave a reply »
The VMware Fusion team has put together a great “how to” guide for installing Microsoft Windows 7 (beta) on VMware Fusion on Mac. Complete with screenshots and detailed explanations, this resource should have you up and running Windows 7 in no time.
I’m hearing from various people in the trenches that Windows 7 on a VM runs very well, better than Vista, and one report says with as little as 512MB RAM. Sometimes it’s hard to tell if people are more excited about running the new Windows OS as a VM, or the fact that the Windows promise land that Vista never provided may be right around the corner.
Check it out!
- January 22, 2009 -- Windows on multicore processors
- May 2, 2013 -- QuickPrep and Sysprep
- August 2, 2011 -- VMware Workstation & Fusion Christmas In August Sale!
- June 28, 2011 -- New Diskeeper White Paper: Optimization of VMware Systems
- March 19, 2011 -- network bandwidth transfer.xlsx
- November 7, 2010 -- Q: What’s your Windows template approach?
- June 13, 2010 -- Active Directory Problems
- June 10, 2010 -- New Microsoft .NET Framework Update Breaks vSphere Client
- May 26, 2010 -- VMware Workstation Upgrade to 7.1
- March 28, 2010 -- Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 7 on vSphere